5-in-1 Lab & Test Equipment: Battery Simulator, PV Simulator, Fuel-Cell Simulator, Battery Tester, and P-HIL Amplifier. A versatile and expandable DC power supply solution for a wide range of applications.
The regenerative, modular DC power supplies of the G5.UNV series are equipped with all necessary functions and software packages for a whole selection of common laboratory and test applications in industry and science. On the one hand, the new G5 series of bidirectional DC power supplies impresses with unique features: exceptional resolution and accuracy of voltage and current, very high control dynamics even at high power levels, a high auto-ranging factor of 3, and adjustable output filter time constants. On the other hand, powerful and field-proven software packages enable a focused and straightforward use in the following testing and research areas:
Battery Simulation by G5.UNV
- Realistic simulation of the electro-chemical and electrical properties of a battery type in charge and discharge mode
- Battery simulation models, long-term multi-channel data-logger, live viewer, data analyzer
- Powerful real-time computing process
PV Simulation by G5.UNV
- Realistic simulation of the properties of solar arrays, real-time processing of I-V curves, live viewer, data collector, reporting capabilities
- Compliance with the efficiency measurement procedures for Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) according to EN 50530
- Definition of specific array curves, live-assessment of MPPT of the solar inverter under test, switchable earth leakage resistors
- Super-fast real-time curve fit algorithm
Fuel-Cell Simulation by G5.UNV
- Definition of the characeristic curves of fuel-cells and other linear/nonlinear electrical two-pole networks
- Real-time simulation thanks to embedded processing on board the G5.UNV
- Definition of the DC output voltage or current or power as a function of any of the input values IDC, UDC, or PDC by means of user-definable curves
Battery Testing by G5.UNV
- Safe and versatile test solution for batteries and energy storage devices/systems. Maximum user safety and equipment protection.
- The exceptional G5.RPP feature a) reliably prevents damage caused by accidental reverse polarity between battery and battery tester, b) provides overcurrent protection/soft start in case of unmatched voltages between battery and battery tester, and c) prevents deep discharge of the battery in the "voltage off" state.
G5.UNV as P-HIL Amplifier
- In a typical P-HIL setup a fast real-time computer drives a power amplifier, allowing for dynamic modelling of (scaled) bidirectional DC systems.
- G5.UNV is best suited as a power DC amplifier due to its high dynamics and the fast analog input port. Time delay of analog-in to DSP <50 μs.
- The modular concept of the G5.UNV series is extremely beneficial to cover different applications with changing power/voltages.
The application possibilities of the G5.UNV series are very diverse. The power supplies are suitable for both bidirectional and unidirectional use, supplying or regenerating. Further application examples are: General purpose laboratory source or regenerative electronic load for testing and loading electric storage elements such as fuel-cells.
G5.UNV bidirectional DC power supplies range from 0...18 kW to 0...2400+ kW, 0...500 VDC to 0...3000 VDC. Not only is it possible to (automatically) reconfigure between parallel, series, and mixed operation, but also to expand the system with additional power supply units or to split it into smaller units. Therefore, the purchase of a REGATRON G5 power supply is a solid investment for the future.
162 kW in a mobile rack
Height 1,9 ... 2,1 m
75 ... 83 in
- Technologically advanced, fast switching, compact 19-inch DC power supplies
- High control dynamics in the 100...200 µs range – even at higher power levels
- Exceptional current accuracy of <0.02% FS, automatic current magnifier (zoom) function in low current measuring range as standard
- Full power regeneration and a high degree of efficiency (up to 96%), resulting in significant reduction of energy consumption and heat dissipation, low acoustic noise
- Wide current-voltage range with an auto-ranging factor of 3
- Full digital CV, CC, CP, CR, and Ri-Sim control modes
- Modular and easily scalable systems
- Parallel, series, and mixed operation with a digital high-speed bus
- Simple master-slave configuration by means of the Operating and Service Software G5.Control
- Turn-key cabinet solutions up to IP54 available, mobile or stationary
- Optional project-specific system integration according to customer specifications
- Optional safety features such as 2-channel safety interface and insulation monitoring
- Optional third party product integration, AC/DC connectors, and cables for convenient handling
- Integrated Operating and Service Software G5.Control: Powerful 8-channel digital scope, extended analysis, parameterization options, and calibration
- Powerful application programming interfaces (API)
- Optional CAN multi-protocol interface with 1 kHz data rate and 16-bit resolution, adaptable to any proprietary CAN bus
- Optional front-panel-integrated control unit HMI with intuitive colour touch screen
- G5.BatSim, G5.SASControl, AAP Application Area Programming, G5.BatControl
- TFE Time-Based Function Generator for time-dependent voltage, current, or power programming (sine, triangle, square, and user-defined data points) e.g. allows for ripple modulation or load profile simulation
REGATRON: High power, small footprint, programmable test solutions.
Do you have any questions or need any further information? Are you interested in a quote? REGATRON's inside sales and application engineers will be happy to find the right solution for your requirement.
Send a Request for Information Send a Request for Quotation
Further Product Related Information
Safe test environment ∙ Repeatable and reliable test results ∙ Substantial reduction of test time, energy consumption and operating costs ∙ Performance testing ∙ Operational validation ∙ Compliance test solutions ∙ Large scale battery/PV simulation featuring up to 2.4 MW DC power ∙ Automotive and e-mobility (EV), battery modules/packs, electric powertrains, chargers, avionics, electric aircraft, electric propulsion, fuel-cells, super capacitors, military and defense, microgrids, smart grids, energy storage systems, renewable energy, distributed generation (DG), power conversion, electric utility vehicles, railway ∙ Adjustable voltage, current, and power controller settings ∙ Parameterization to avoid overshooting ∙ Current ripple modulation ∙ Performance level PL c / PL e according to EN ISO 13849 ∙ Front panel mounted air filter for dusty environment ∙ AC terminal protection cover ∙ Fast discharge of electrical grid input filter (recommended for mobile use of the power supply), EN 62477-1 ∙ Powerful Operating and Service Software G5.Control ∙ Analog interface for setpoints and actual values, operating states (I/O port) ∙ API offering .NET programming, e.g., by LabView, Python, Matlab, or REST interface ∙ Ethernet ∙ USB ∙ Wide-band AC input (380...480 VAC) at 50/60 Hz ∙ Test system efficiency 95…96% ∙ Power factor 0.99
The newly developed G5 family includes both universal, programmable DC power supplies as well as power supply solutions for specific applications.
|Universal Power Supplies||Application Specific Test Solutions|
- G5.RSS Programmable Regenerative DC Source Sink Series
- G5.SRC Programmable DC Power Supply Series
- G5.RLD Regenerative DC Electronic Load Series
- G5.UNV Universal Regenerative DC Source Sink Series
- G5.BT Battery Tester Series
- G5.CT Charger Tester Series
- G5.DT Drivetrain Tester Series
- G5.SAS Solar Array Simulator Series
- G5.BAS Battery Simulator Series
REGATRON Performance. Precision. Quality.